“This morning I (Tim) thought of some guidelines from Ezra 7:9-10 (edited by Sherman). “For on the first day of the first month he began to go up from Babylonia, and on the first day of the fifth month he came to Jerusalem, for the good hand of his God was on him. For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the Lord, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel” (Ezra 7:9–10).
1. Make sure, as much as we can, that God’s hand is on us and those we teach; that they are growing as spiritual disciples who follow Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1).
2. Make sure that they have a love for God’s Word; that their hearts are set to studying or meditating on the Word (Psalm 1:2; 119:11, 15). This leads to “delighting” in His Word (Psalm 119:16, 24, 35 and many more).
3. Make sure they are willing to not only count the cost of obeying or doing the Word but are willing to forsake the cost; willing to give their lives to serve one Master only! (Luke 14:26-30; Acts 20:24).
4. Make sure they are willing to pass it on to Timothys; to teach others by Word and Deed x(1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 2:2, 24; 4:1-2; Titus 2:1).
5. Finally, we need to remember that everything we are teaching, the Devil hates with a passion: God’s glory (Ephesians 1:12, 14; 3:21), preeminence of Christ (Colossians 1:18), reliance on the Holy Spirit instead of the flesh (Galatians 5:16-17), the sufficiency and authority of God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17). He is not going to take what we do laying down. This is war, but the victory we have won is in Christ! (Romans 7:25). We must put on the full armor of God and pray (Ephesians 6:11-18), remembering our battle is NOT against flesh and blood (2 Corinthians 10:3-6).”
This strategy will not be understood by most in the same way that Paul was and is not understood. Our lack of agreement or understanding of the truth never changes or diminishes its veracity. The work of New Foundations International is toward one end; that God be glorified through the submission of every believer to the truth.
Link To Our Old Blog: