SERVING ONE ANOTHER (5)
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” (Colossians 3:12–14).
These are three packed verses, not so much because they contain a huge amount of information, but because their exhortation and teaching confronts the usual way we conduct ourselves. I will only ask a few questions and let the Holy Spirit speak through these verses to your heart.
· Do you look at others who are going through difficult times, with compassion or criticism?
· Do you show kindness selectively or with favoritism?
· Is your humility, meekness and patience genuine, or just a put-on for the moment?
· How difficult is it for you to “bear – endure patiently with” someone else when they fail or come short of your expectations.
· How ready are you to forgive others? (How much has God forgiven you?)
· Is your forgiveness conditional or unconditional?
Link To Our Old Blog: