Acts 20:31 - “Remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears.”
- Do not become weary in the Lord’s work, especially in training and equipping leaders.
- Be willing for personal sacrifices in order to accomplish God’s work with Holy Spirit quality.
- Admonishing (teach or instruct in proper behavior and belief) is required so leaders learn how to shepherd those who do not belong to them. We must never forget our accountability to the Holy Spirit who called and set us in the place of shepherds.
- Shepherding is not a job! It is a personal commitment to God to care for what belongs to Him with genuine love, grace and wisdom. This will mean that your heart is engaged and your emotions – prayerful tears. Timothy learned this from Paul (2 Timothy 1:4).
- The greatest protection for the church is God, who planned and gave it birth.
- The Word of God’s grace is always active toward us. Paul was confident that God’s grace would keep these elders and the church in his absence.
- Nothing can build the church and strong leaders like God’s grace. As Paul told Titus, it “trains us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age” (Titus 2:11-12).
- God’s grace gives a future inheritance with all those in Christ Jesus. There is no greater inheritance and therefore nothing greater to invest in!