In the next seven days, I want to outline the six sections of the Book of Acts. We saw yesterday the amazing growth that took place in the Early Church under the direction and power of the Holy Spirit. This growth was not just in numbers of new believers and devoted disciples, it was the expansion of the church into new, unreached territory. The list below is just a sectional outline that we will follow as the story unfolds.
1) The Church in Jerusalem – Acts 1:1 to 6:7 (Lesson 1 of God’s Plan for His Church)
2) The Church in Judea and Samaria – Acts 6:8 to 9:31 (Lesson 2 of God’s Plan for His Church)
3) The Church in Antioch – Acts 9:32 to 12:24 (Lesson 3 of God’s Plan for His Church)
4) The Church in Asia Minor – Acts 12:25 to 16:5 (Lesson 4 of God’s Plan for His Church)
5) The Church in the Aegean Area – Acts 16:6 to 19:20 (Lesson 5 of God’s Plan for His Church)
6) The Church in the Roman Empire – Acts 19:21 to 28:31 (Lesson 6 of God’s Plan for His Church)
The map below will give you a visual of how this expansion took place and the approximate time frame when things occurred. Later, I will show how Paul’s three missionary journeys fit into this picture. For now though, I invite you to go with me through God’s story in the Book of Acts and see the amazing movement of God and the Holy Spirit. Take time to ask the Holy Spirit to give you insight, understanding and current application as we go through this story penned by Dr. Luke.
Link To Our Old Blog: