· As Jesus ordered them, the disciples waited for the coming, baptism and filling of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:1-5.
· They devoted themselves to prayer while waiting for the Spirit (Acts 1:12-14).
· After the Spirit came and filled them, they devoted themselves to the apostles teaching, fellowship and to the breaking of bread and prayers (Acts 2:42).
· Persecution and opposition did not stop Spirit filled believers from proclaiming salvation through Jesus, crucified and raised from the dead (Acts 4:1-22).
· The Apostles exercised discipline in the church which brought “great fear…upon the whole church and upon all who heard of these things” (Acts 5:1-11).
These are universal principles that must be applied in the church in any culture, and at any time in history, and under any conditions. Weakness will result where these principles are not applied. There are many more in this section of Acts, but I trust this will stimulate your reading and thinking to find others and make sure they are being practiced in the power of the Spirit.
If you wish to send me those you found, email me at: email@example.com.