As we examine these facts that were part of Paul’s method of multiplying the work of God, we are forced to answer some heart-searching questions:
1. Is our preaching, teaching and influence worthy of being used by God to mature others and form their life and ministry in biblical principles?
2. Do we have Timothy’s in our life and ministry that we are intentionally developing? If not, why not?
3. How quickly will we be able to release them, confident of the Spirit’s work in and through them? (See Acts 9:18-20).
4. Are we encouraging the church to encourage younger leaders to accept their call to preach and teach?
5. What artificial requirements do we place on younger leaders that are not biblical?
These are challenging questions, but if we allow Paul’s model to form our thinking, we will see exponential growth and multiplication.
I encourage you to look carefully at Chapter 4 of our training manual.