· “Go your way” requires that we first follow Jesus (9:59).
· “Going” requires that we understand what has the highest priority in our lives (9:60).
· There is only one purpose as a follower of Jesus; “As for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”
· Once we have made the commitment to follow Jesus, we come to understand that “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God” (9:62).
· “Praying earnestly to the Lord of the harvest” is essential to any “Going”, even if it is in your local “Jerusalem” (10:2).
· “Going your way” means that the direction and people group God sends you will be unique to how God has equipped you for His work (10:3).
· It is the Lord’s sending! Any sending that does not have the clear evidence that He is behind it will not be fruitful. As in Acts 13:2-3, the church at Antioch recognized what the Lord was doing though the Holy Spirit’s work and joined Him in the sending.
Let these points guide us in our prayers, first for ourselves, and then for those that are sent out by our churches. Divine partnership in missions is far more important than money or organizations. Stay with me on this point in tomorrow’s blog.