THE “I AM” IS HERE!
We live in a world of uncertainty where it seems that the purpose of public media is to fill our eyes and ears with as much negative news as possible. My observation is that those who feed on such venues of information become fearful, paralyzed by doubt, and worst of all, miss their purpose for being here at all. What is the antidote to such a sad outlook on life?
Of all the writers of the New Testament, John was given a view of Jesus as the “I AM” that none of the other writers had. At least ten times in his Gospel, John refers to some characteristic of Jesus along with the title “I AM”. The most impressive “I AM” statement that John records of Jesus is in the first chapter of Revelation. “When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.” (Revelation 1:17–18). Notice the effect this encounter had on John and should have on us:
1. To see Jesus (literally or by the eyes of faith) evoked reverence and worship (“I fell at his feet as though dead”).
2. His presence is reassuring by the power of His “right hand”.
3. His first words to John, “Fear not” give confidence that everything is under His control. Absolutely nothing in our lives or in the universe escapes His attention (Hebrews 1:3). This is a critical point for each of us. Too much attention to the media’s bad news blurs our vision to what God is doing in this world and dims our light that God wants to use in this dark world.
4. There was nothing before Christ and He will be the end of all thing (Hebrews 1:10-12).
5. Death and the grave could not hold the Son of God (Acts 2:24; 1 Corinthians 15:20).
6. Jesus has conquered the power of death as well as Satan who had the power of death (Hebrews 2:14).
My dear reader, let the power of the “I AM” fill the vision of your heart and mind so that you no longer live with fear or doubt, but in the power of Christ in you by the Holy Spirit! THE “I AM” IS ALWAYS PRESENT!
Leave a Reply.
Link To Our Old Blog: