- The Holy Spirit convicted persons to return to Scripture as their sole authority for life and ministry. They realized how sufficient the Scriptures are for everything.
- They devoted themselves to study the principles that forged the New Testament Church into being in the Book of Acts and Paul’s letters. God’s Plan for His Church was just a tool to guide them through their study of Scripture.
- After completing their personal strategy for ministry (chapter 7), they immediately set out to put in practice what they had learned in their culture and language.
- True “Timothy’s” emerged who began teaching others these same principles in their own culture and language without any assistance from us.
- We were no longer needed to stay with them to make sure they follow our method of teaching. They had the Holy Spirit and relied on Him for spreading the gospel and work.
Mission Frontiers, Jan-Feb 2017, Page 5.