· Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, God has made available to all in His Son all we need for proclaiming in word and life the gospel to every people group on earth.
· Because of Jesus Christ, “we have received grace” – the “kindness of God” that supplies all we need to fulfill His will in a way that glorifies Him (see Titus 2:11-14; 3:4-7).
· Not only that, “we have received…apostleship” – “the office of a special messenger” with the good news of eternal life in Christ Jesus which is received by faith as a gift.
· God intends that this grace and message would be proclaimed through us in the power of the Holy Spirit so that the nations will obey the truth.
· “So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:10–11). There is a witness throughout Scripture that His name will be exalted among all nations (Psalm 45:17) because the gospel is preached and God prepares hearts to receive the message.
If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, then you have received this grace and God has made you a messenger, and “entrusted to [you] the message of reconciliation…God making His appeal through us…be reconciled to God” (2 Corinthians 5:19-20). Have you considered this gift and the responsibility that goes along with it?