This is a subject that we do not like to address, but a necessary one. Consider some of the great servants God has used down through history and the various ways He prepared them for their assignment.
1. Abraham – God asked him to leave his country and family and trust that God would lead Him.
2. Joseph – Sold by his own brothers, falsely charged by a ruler and put in prison, and then forgotten by another prisoner after helping him.
3. Moses – Spent forty years with a family and culture not his own, and then another forty year in the wilderness.
4. David – The youngest in his family given the lonely job of tending sheep, and then served a king who wanted to kill him.
5. Jesus – Sent by the Father from heaven’s glory and was rejected by those He came to save.
6. Paul – Went into Arabia for three years before returning to begin a powerful ministry.
When it comes to God preparing us for our assignment, He never makes mistakes. We may not understand His ways or the reasons behind places of isolation, the times of suffering and rejection, or even misunderstanding by those we think should understand best. This is especially true when God’s preparation leads us to places we would never choose. Be assured, if you did not make the choice, it is part of His plan to teach lessons of humility that could not be taught anywhere else.
“Blessed is the man whom you discipline, O Lord, and whom you teach out of your law, to give him rest from days of trouble, until a pit is dug for the wicked” (Psalm 94:12–13). Will you make these words yours?
Link To Our Old Blog: