You may have thought I would never get to the real core of PAUL’S MISSIONARY STRATEGY, but here it is. Follow carefully the Scriptures below and notice their progression through the Book of Acts. Keep in mind that it was the Holy Spirit working in Paul and guiding him from place to place.
· “And immediately he proclaimed Jesus in the synagogues, saying, “He is the Son of God” (9:20).
· “He went in and out among them at Jerusalem, preaching boldly in the name of the Lord” (9:28).
· Acts 13:16-41 records one of Paul’s preaching’s; to “bring…the good news that what God had promised to the fathers, this He has fulfilled…by raising Jesus” (13:32).
· “They continued to preach the gospel” (14:7).
· “When they had preached the gospel…and made many disciples” (14:21)
· “They returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples” (14:21-22).
· “As they went their way through the cities…the churches were strengthened in the faith and they increased in numbers daily” (16:4-5).
· “He departed and went from one place to the next…strengthening all the disciples” (18:23).
· “And when they had appointed elders for them in every church, with prayer and fasting they committed them to the Lord in whom they had believed” (14:23).
Paul equipped the elders at Ephesus by teaching and warning them:
· “how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house,” (20:20) “for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God.” (20:27).
· “Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.” (20:28).
· “Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears.” (20:31).
· “And a great number who believed turned to the Lord” (11:21).
· “While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off” (13:2–3).
I trust you will see great value in following Paul’s model just from the Scriptures. All of these steps can be happening at the same time in different places, but there is a clear progression in his model. It is what we must return to in our day if we are going to see the Great Commission and Matthew 24:14 fulfilled and the Lord return for His church, His Bride!
Leave a Reply.
Link To Our Old Blog: