Psalm 139:1-6. A serious meditation on these verses makes us realize that there is nothing about us that God does not know. This is called His omniscience. To start with, He ‘searches’ every part of me. Why and what does this mean. Could it be that He is looking for His own image to shine through the human veil, or should I say, the likeness of Christ to dominate my life because I desire the work of the Spirit (John 16:13-14) in me more than the tendencies of my flesh. If this is my desire, I will acknowledge that God knows:
· Verse 2 – Everything I do; “when I sit down and when I rise up.” Nothing is hid from His eye.
· Verse 2 – Every thought; those inner motives and emotions that no one else sees; “You discern my thoughts from afar.”
· Verse 3 – Every path and road I travel. It is all known to God, because He is here.
· Verse 4 – Every word that my tongue forms is known in the context of why I say them and what the true meaning is behind them.
· Verse 5 – My whole life is under His control and He places limits to what I do in order that my life reflect His glory. Therefore, His hand is upon my life.
For the person bent on doing their own will, these are horrible truths to consider because they bring me face-to-face with the holiness of God and oppose my agenda. On the other hand, to the person who desires to please God, these verses are a great comfort, they are “too wonderful for me; it is too high; I cannot attain it” (v.6). Let us choose today to be under the loving eye of God and under His control.
Link To Our Old Blog: