We thank the Lord for giving Tim Bunn a profitable CPM Launch in Nepal and Orissa, India during the early part of June. Even though the Church Planting Manual did not get printed in the Oriya language prior to the workshop, the attendees spoke/read English or Hindi so that the conference went forward. The conference in Nepal may have opened a door of opportunity in the refugee camps of Tibet and a return to Bhutan. Each of these conferences cause us to call out to the Lord that the Spirit would work in establishing biblical principles in those who attend. If He does not work, the conferences are just another event on the calendar. Please pray for God's work to follow quickly, and that hunger for God's Word will increase, spreading as it did in the Book of Acts. We are very grateful for His mercy to Tim as he developed appendicitis shortly after his return and had to have emergency surgery. He has recovered well and thankful that this did not happen while he was away.
The next event the Lord has placed on our calendar is Ecuador. I (Sherman) will be there from August 19th to the 26th. Since this is my first trip to Ecuador, the main purpose is to build our relationship with a dear brother there and seek the Lord 's guidance regarding other contacts that may open opportunities throughout Central and South America. Please pray for divine guidance. We don't take lightly our responsibility to sense what God is doing and join Him in His work, not promote our own agenda!
We cannot tell you how valuable your prayers are. In addition to the above, we ask for your fervent prayers on a couple of immediate needs in various areas below.
- Printing the CPM in Khmer for Cambodia.
- Completing the Oriya translation and printing.
- A possible translation of the CPM into Hebrew.
- Possible return trip to Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
- An opportunity in the refugee camps of Thailand among the Karen people from Myanmar.
- Completing the translation into Bemba and printing for Zambia. Please pray with us regarding leaders coming together from Congo, Kenya, South Africa, and Zambia for a CPM workshop. We believe this is an opportunity from the Lord. For these people the financial hurdle is very high. We know that if it is God's will, nothing will stop what He wants to accomplish. But we must pray and seek His face!