(This post was delayed due to travel)
One of the questions I am often asked is; ‘how do I make sure that the choice I make for a spouse is the right one?’ This is a good question, but one that requires several elements that are put together before discovering the answer. Here are some important considerations:
1. Our personal relationship with the Lord must be active and growing.
2. Seeking the guidance of the Lord must be our constant attitude, before and during the time of seeking and discovering God’s choice for us.
3. We must remember that we are frail by reason of our human nature and nothing is perfect.
4. It is important to know if the other person is also committed to the Lord and has a desire to grow in their relationship with Him.
5. Though your personalities may be different, is there a commitment to work together to grow in intimacy with the Lord and with each other?
6. Will decisions between you be made based on what will glorify God, not what makes you comfortable or satisfies your fleshly desires.
Ultimately, the best choice we must leave to the Lord, and at the same we try to work through developing relationships. Even if we seek to apply each of the above guidelines, we must allow Him to bring the one of His choosing into our lives.
This dual approach is presented as a general principle in Philippians 2:12-13; “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.” This is where desire and submission work together to accomplish God’s will.
Link To Our Old Blog: