How we live in these days is very important. As we saw yesterday, Peter has some very specific areas that we should give attention to and he ends the section with an overarching reason why we should (1 Peter 4:7-11).
· Keep loving one another earnestly (an unceasing activity with intensity that does not decrease over time). That is challenging!
· Genuine love covers a multitude of sins. Where sin is involved, we work through love so as to restore, so the sin is covered and never seen again.
· Show hospitality (to strangers) to one another without grumbling (complaint or discontent).
· Use the gift you received to serve one another (a humble menial care for someone else).
· Speak as an oracle of God (a message or lesson that needs to be taught others).
· Serve by the strength (capability) that God supplies.
There is one and only one purpose behind these admonitions and godly ambitions; “in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ” (4:11). That leaves no option for us to live any part of our lives without considering for God’s glory as the outcome. Peter also gives us the means by which we can do this – “through Jesus Christ.” Human effort will never accomplish this. More education will not give us the ability. Money and possession cannot produce this character. “Through Jesus Christ” is the only way!
Link To Our Old Blog: