If we think about our circumstances, the trials we go through, and our own brokenness, we have to admit that we are more often resistant to His hand on us. We rarely invite Him to reshape us from the inside out. What changes our attitude toward the pressure of God’s shaping hand? Please consider the following.
· Humility does not demand things work out my way – for my “own interests” (Phil. 2:21).
· Humility does not seek to “gratify the desire of the flesh” – my will (Gal. 5:16).
· Humility makes submission to God and others possible (1 Peter 5:5).
· Submission to God prepares me to be “transformed by the renewal of my mind” (Ro. 12:2). My thinking is being changed by His work in me.
· Submission to the Spirit leading me (my thinking, desires, actions, words, etc.) according to God’s plan and will (Gal. 5:18). Note: The word “led” means to be “taken hold of or take with” the Holy Spirit’s control.
This is very challenging to me! How are you reacting to this?