GOD-DIRECTED SERVICE BRINGS JOY
“Joy comes through services. Most Christians are activists; they get caught up in some kind of church work. But not all of it is good. Not all of it is essential. Even missionaries find themselves tangled in lesser things than winning the lost. Unprayerful souls soon get diverted from the supreme task He appointed for them. This is why submission is also necessary.
The way to enjoy indestructible peace and joy is to determine:
1) To do whatever God commands, however difficult.
2) To endure whatever God appoints, however severe.
3) To obtain whatever God promises, however seemingly unattainable.
4) To die daily, however costly the crucifixion.
5) To love my “enemies,” however misunderstood in this.
6) To pray without ceasing, and in everything give thanks.”
Revival God’s Way, A Message for the Church, Bethany House, 2006, page 18.
Leave a Reply.
Link To Our Old Blog: