“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing” (John 15:5).
Can you imagine any branch of a grape vine bearing fruit if it is not firmly attached to the vine? The branch does not consider this an option or something that it will do today and not tomorrow. The branch does not decide to drink the healthy sap from the vine today and not tomorrow. It remains attached to the vine day and night, under good conditions and bad. Its whole existence is dependent on being attached to the vine.
When we realize the importance of this truth, we will pursue abiding in Christ our ONE THING! Paul had this single pursuit; to “gain Christ and be found in Him” (Philippians 3:8-9). David in a similar way echoes this ONE PASSION; “One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple” (Psalm 27:4).
There is more to abiding in Christ than just reading the Bible and prayer:
· Our life as a Christian depends on intimacy with Him.
· Without depending on Jesus for everything, we will fail by our own efforts.
· It is a life-long commitment and experience that makes us grow and mature.
· Through abiding in Him, we see His beauty and glory that cannot be seen otherwise.
· Answers to life’s questions are found through this close relationship.
Every struggle comes from not abiding in Christ. Are you struggling in any area of life and ministry? Then you also know the solution. Will you pursue your Savior, Lord, Head and Bridegroom?
Link To Our Old Blog: