There are many places I have visited around the world, and in most of them I have been well received. But there have been a few places where God was not working and the atmosphere was very cold. These experiences remind me of what Jesus experienced as He entered the world He created. Yesterday, I wrote of the hatred in Herod – an ugly reception that hurt innocent mothers.
Yet, God always paves the way for His Son, the Savior and Son of Righteousness, with a few warm, receptive hearts. In each example below, some gave Jesus a warm reception because they were divinely prepared.
· The wise men who “saw His star…and came to worship Him” (Matthew 2:2).
· Elizabeth who “was filled with the Holy Spirit” and blessed Mary in her pregnancy with Jesus (Luke 1:41-42).
· The shepherds who received the news from the angel that “unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord” (2:11).
· Simeon “took [Jesus] up in his arms and blessed God” (2:28).
· The widow, Anna “that very hour…began to give thanks to God and to speak of Him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem” (2:38).
How warm is your heart toward Jesus the Savior who has come into the world? The preoccupation with decorating, shopping for gifts, preparing meals, and the busyness that goes along with all this, tends to affect the place He should have above everything. My prayer for you is that the Holy Spirit will ignite a new fire in your heart; replace a cold heart with a deeper, more determined love for Jesus; a home in your heart and life that shuts out the cold of this world that has rejected the Father’s Son. HIS PRESENCE WILL WARM YOUR HEART!
Link To Our Old Blog: